[SGMP] January Meeting

Steven Hall halls at flcourts.org
Wed Jan 12 15:01:41 CST 2022

Good Evening Members and Friends!

I wanted to send a reminder about our upcoming virtual meeting featuring Garland Preddy from SGMP National! Check out her impressive bio below! Please attend if you can. Share this invite with your colleagues, even if they aren't members. The meeting is open to all interested planners and suppliers.

As always, please share your ideas and meeting topics for future events. We're on the lookout for a February topic and speaker!

Garland Preddy has worked in events management for over 40 years and is a consultant to The Society of Government Meeting Professionals, managing and teaching the Certified Government Meeting Professional class, in addition to other training.

She is a respected teacher/trainer in the hospitality industry.  She was an adjunct professor at The George Washington University Events Management Programs for over 20 years and also served as an adjunct professor at George Mason University.

Garland was recently named to the Collinson Publishing 15 Over 50 for Planners.  In 2018 she was selected by SPIN for 40 Over 40, and in 2014, she was named a Trendsetter by Meetings Today, recognized for "her work in the embattled government meetings segment".  In 2012 she received the SGMP Planner of the Year Award.

[SGMP Florida Capital Chapter Save the Date]